Monday, January 20, 2014

Heart like mine....

Today I realized we are only half a week into the spring semester. The past few days have been filled with so much craziness it feels like we are half way through but we have barely started. If this semester is anything like what this last week has been like it is goin to be an amazing semester! This past week I have had class, made new friends and reconnected with old friends, danced until I couldn't stand, and drank a little too much. I saw my beloved Broncos make it to the superbowl and I also had to deal with the cops and crazy parking situations...yet again! I love my crazy beautiful life and I wouldn't change a single moment of it. Every late night dance session, early morning class, and time spent with friends was time well used. Every moment is important whether it is just goin for a walk or spending it on homework. One of my favorite quotes is "remember our days are all numbered, not spent."It is a reminder to live life you can't get back that day you only have so many days and you have to choose how to spend them because well you can't decide to "spend" that day, you can't take it back or stop it so live it and make sure that everyday was worth something. that every day had something good in it. You truly never know what tomorrow will bring and your life can be thrown off in a blink of an eye. I have been reminded of this so many times and most times it is a tough lesson to learn and take in. I plan to make the most of every day of my life and every precious moment.
I have to remind myself that settling is not the way to go. Settling for a bad friend, a bad grade, relationship, job, or life. There is no perfect moment to start living your life because well it started the day you took your first breath. This is it...your right in the middle of it. So if you aren't happy with it, make a change. Only you can do that, only you are in control of your happiness. So don't waste your precious time on people, jobs, and things that will bring you down and make you unhappy. Every day I try to find something new that I would like to try. Whether it is a new recipe, food, style, haircut, or even a place to travel to. I find that keeping my eyes, mind and heart open it helps me appreciate all the little things in life and all the possibilities in it. Here are a short list of things that I would love to do in the next 10-15 years:

  • Live in another country 
  • Eat something new in every city I visit
  • go skydiving and/or bungy jumping
  • visit the Sistine chapel
  • See a Broadway show
  • Have a paint fight
  • run a marathon
And that is a VERY short list of the things I want to do. Every day the list gets longer and there is probably no possible way that I will get through it all but I will sure as hell try to! So I challenge you to try to find something new you want to do every day. Whether it is food, an art project, or whatever your heart desires!!! Each day may not be good but there truly is something good in each day. So find those good things, moments and memories and remember this is it so go for it and don't hold anything back because when it comes to the day when the good lord calls you home you don't want to regret not doing something that has been in your heart your whole life.

An appropriate song to go along with this post;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZK1o3K8hTo

No comments:

Post a Comment