Saturday, January 4, 2014

Is Spring Semester really only...A WEEK AWAY!?!?!?!?

Get ready everyone Spring semester is upon us. Only one more week until campus comes back to life. One more week until the UA mall is packed with clubs, Greek life, and any other organization you can think of. One week until my roomies last semester(insert sad face here). There is so much that is coming with this new semester and I don't know if I am ready for it. I am kinda freakin' out here!!!! Where's a paper bag!?!?!?!?

For one I am starting a new major. Don't get me wrong I am excited but also terrified at the same time. with this new major I can actually graduate on time and that is an exciting and terribly scary thought. A year in a half from now and I could be a UA alum. Then what!? Grad school? let's see two more years of school....hard pass! Well I have at least a year to kinda think about it and figure it all out. but less be honest....I probably won't think about it until a month before graduation....unless of course I stick with my resolution to not procrastinate! we shall see.

Number two.... I'm no longer an active in Sigma Alpha. Since the fall semester of my freshman year i have been involved in Sigma Alpha. I slept, ate, and Breathed it. I loved it, and still do. It will be really difficult and weird. especially when the girls start posting pictures on Facebook about the last sisterhood event, or the upcoming rush event. I guess the thing that I am most worried about is that i will just fade into the shadows because I am no longer active. That I will get the looks and comments of "oh yeah, she used to be an active." I know that a lot of the girls won't treat me that way but I feel like there will be a few that will...but I guess you can't expect the best from everyone. Either way I still consider these girls my family and my sisters. They have made me a better person and being a part of Sigma Alpha has helped me grow as a person. I don't regret being a part of this organization but I feel as if i have got everything out of it that I can. So to any of my sisters that are reading this I love you all and hope to see you all during the Spring semester.

Number three....my roommate is leaving me!!!!!! That bitch....just kidding I love my roommate. She is one of my best friends, my big, and a great roommate. I have lived with Tat for going on two years now and have loved every second of it. From the late night rants, to the tearful goodbyes that we have helped each other through to the almost burning the kitchen down from making whatever concoction we have come up with for dinner. Every day has been an adventure and I don't know what I am going to do without her!!! She has been there since semester one and I know she will still be there for me but it will still be weird. Not being able to go into her room and talk about the latest book I'm obsessed with, or to rant about the last thing the ex boyfriend did that pissed me off. And on the other hand I have no idea where I am going to live next year!!!!!!

Number four....I am in love. I am in love with the man of my dreams. He is cute and sweet and goofy and he makes me smile every day! Whether he is singing Chris Ledoux Bareback Jack or he is telling me some story about the days events he can always make me smile, laugh or both. I fall in love with him again every day and love every goofy part of him. He has truly made me believe in love again and I am so thankful he walked into my life. I am so excited for what lies in store for us and I can't wait to share it with all of you...even if there are only a few of you.

Well that is about all that is in store for me in this coming semester...or three. I have to remind myself that every day counts and that I need to live for today. Not for what has happened or what may happen but for what I can control right now in this moment. So for every one reading this live for today because yesterday is already gone and tomorrow may never come so don't wait for your life to start because well it started the day you took your first breath and you don't know when you will take your last so stop waiting and live life because this is it, there is no perfect time to start something. if you wait for the perfect time it will never happen.

Here's a video that I think is appropriate for this post. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yf2tOYKTgk




No comments:

Post a Comment